Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Sora To Hara

空と原 [Sora to Hara]空と原 [Sora to Hara] by Asumiko Nakamura
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Why...Why...oh why I waited this long to read this manga. Well, maybe because I was not too fascinated with the art style. But then, Nakamura Asumiko sensei's art is not the typical art you see in a Yaoi manga. The line drawing style, the not so perfect faces or the blank expressions...yeah at first glance they will not fascinate you. But as you start reading, you get immersed in the story and the characters and you feel that the drawing style suits the story perfectly.

Story- 4.5 For all those who have read the series, this is the continuation story of the oh so cute Hara sensei and his journey to find his love.

Art-3.5 As mentioned before, the art style is way different from the usual style you have seen in the Boys Love (BL) /Yaoi mangas. But, I think you can get used to it once you start reading the story. The art blends well with the story and its characters. I'm not sure how much I can like the flowing line drawing style, but the face and expressions were clear and good. Shounen-ai's do focus more on the dramatic aspect of the story and you can see that in their art.

Character-4 Well, for those of you who have read previous series, Hara sen has been a constant character and I always wanted to see his "happy ending". I'm glad that we get to see a side of Hara sen that previous mangas did not portray, his "desperately and idiotically in love" side ^.^ Sorano is a refreshing change from a typical Uke, although I wanted to see many more moments of his with Hara sen, that's why I felt his character development lacked something. Maybe pulling in other characters help in understanding Hara sen's past relationships, but Sorano and Hara sen's ending up together to me looked a little rushed.

Enjoyment-4 Enjoyment is definitely there, especially the conversations between Hara sen and Sorano. I love the way Hara sen gets flustered in front of Sorano whenever he tries to act like an adult, but not so convincingly ^o^

Overall-4
The story is a good continuation and conclusion of a wonderful series. Of course, it leaves a lot to be desired from the Yaoi part, but if you are into Drama CD's, I highly recommend listening to it. The voice acting / seiyuu cast is awesome ♥♥♥ - Fukuyama Jun (Aoto Sorano), & Ishikawa Hideo (Hara Manabu).

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment